Tuesday, March 26, 2019

THE CINNAMON TEA CAKE AND A TEA CUP

A Tribute to a Mother and Grandmother


Image Sharn White Copyright


In 2016, shortly after the death of my mother in law, Valerie Florence Mary White (nee Lloyd), I wrote the following tribute to her as part of the University of Tasmania's Photo Essay Course which was a component of the Diploma of Family History I was completing at the time. My daughters and I wished to honour Valerie's memory by baking the delicious Cinnamon Tea Cake for which she was well known and which we so often enjoyed.

Valerie's grandaughters baked the cake following their grandmother's well used hand written recipe. As part of my assignment, I photographed the baking of the cake and I then told the story of the love two grandaughters shared for their grandmother, in a photo essay. Please click on the link below to read my tribute to a much loved mother, mother in law and grandmother, entitled, The Cinnamon Tea Cake and a Tea Cup.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dcv0kR462crdFDHr_ucl6u4TJZ5HTQnU/view?usp=sharing 


Image Sharn White Copyright


No comments:

Post a Comment